Here is another Tofu recipe. I learned how to make it from my grandmother. It is good as a side dish for Japanese Curry. You can serve it hot or cold, but either way it is very healthy!
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 3 Dried Tofu
- 15g Dried shiitake mashroom
- 2 cups of dashi soup (mix 2 Small spoons of dashi powder with 2 cups of water)
- 3 Big spoons of sugar
- 1 and 3/4 Big spoons of Usukuchi saysauce (or Shiradashi, 白だし)
- 1 and 1/2 Big spoons of Mirin
- 1/2 Small Spoon of salt
1. Soak dried tofu in at least 1 liter of water for 30 min and
2. Soak dried shiitake mashroom in 1cup of hot water (50-60 degrees).
3. Squeeze out water from tofu. (If the tofu photos look familiar up to this point, it’s because I used the same tofu and procedure for the Agedashi Tofu recipe last January)
5. Cut shiitake mushrooms into bite sizes, removing the stem in the process. (Keep the shiitake mushroom soup.)
8. Serve hot or cold to your preference!