Here is the simple easy recipe for Pumpkin Pudding to enjoy Japan’s autumn flavor! Serve it up as a dessert during Halloween for some fun! Its a simple trick and a sweet treat! This is also Fukuoka Dreaming’s first entry to JapanSoc’s Japan Blog Matsuri!
Ingredients (serves 6, 1 pound cake pan, 1 18cm x 18cm cake pan)
- 400-500 g Pumpkin (including skin, cut into 4-6 pieces)
- 3 Eggs 200 ml Milk
- 100ml Fresh cream
- 50-70 g of soft brown sugar (Sanontou, 三温糖)
Ingredients for caramel:
- 60g Granulated Sugar
- 1 Big spoon of water (15ml)
1. Spread butter on the cake pan or pudding cups.
4. Heat fresh cream and 50ml of milk in the pan and add sugar. Mix until sugar melts. Cool down.
5. Remove skin from the pumpkin and mix with 150 ml of milk in the blender.
6. Mix eggs and strain.
7. Put the fresh cream, pumpkin milk and eggs in a bowl. Do not beat up.
8. Pour into the cake pan or pudding cups with the layer of caramel and put in the oven. Pour hot water in the oven plate so it will steam.
9. Bake in 200 degrees oven for 45 min. Make sure the water in the oven plate has not dried out. It is ready when the middle part of the pudding cooked. Poke the inside using bamboo stick. If it is dry, then it is ready!
10. Serve cold.