Dried Tofu (高野豆腐、凍り豆腐 Koya-dofu/ Koori-dofu) is very healthy and nutritious. There are many ways of cooking this. Today, I made Agedashi-dofu (fried tofu with dashi sauce) using this dried tofu. It is easy but delicious tofu recipe! It is also good as a side dish for beer or sake!
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 3 Dried-tofu
- 20-30g spring onion (chopped)
- 150ml of cooking oil
- 2 Big spoons of Flour
- 2 Big spoons of Starch (Katakuriko,片栗粉)
- １ Cup of Water
- 2 Big spoons of Soy sauce
- 2 Big spoons of Mirin
- 1 Small Spoon of Dashi powder (Dashi no moto)
- 1 Small Spoon of Sugar
- 1 Small Spoon of Starch (Katakuriko, 片栗粉）
- 1 Small Spoon of Ginger (grated or minced)
1. Soak the dried tofu in water (at least 1 liter) for 30min.
2. Squeeze the water out of the dried tofu.
3. Slice tofu into bite sizes (1/4 pieces).
4. Mix flour and starch in a clean plastic bag and dredge dried tofu in the bag.
5. Heat the oil in the pan and fry dried tofu until it turns into brown. Flip and fry both sides.
6. Mix all the ingredient of Dashi sauce in the pot and cook with low heat for about 2 min until it start boiling.
7. Put dried tofu in a bowl and furnish with spring onion (See serving photo above). Pour Dashi sauce right before you serve.